Sunday, October 4, 2009

Walk in the Clouds

Yesterday I witnessed some amazing weather. I was in my room doing some writing when I happened to look outside and saw what looked like huge plumes of smoke blowing by. I rushed outside to my porch to find that it wasn't smoke, but clouds on their way up the mountain.

I know that fog is really just a low-lying cloud, but this was different than any fog I have ever experienced. You could see the edges and wisps of the clouds as they blew by. If I stuck out my hand, it would be in one of those wisps. It was that close and that clear around it. It was strange to look around me, as each cloud passed by, it was like my vision blurred to my surroundings.

Soon the clouds dispersed and a light rain fell. It was really a beautiful thing to behold.

No comments:

Post a Comment